Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe you people. You get on here spouting about how stupid it was and that you are 1/16th (or whatever) Native American and you aren't getting an apology. Give the state time- its taken over a hundred years for this apology- maybe they'll get around to it eventually. I hope you all don't have children- isn't that what we are supposed to teach children- to apologize when they have done something wrong? I think it's great that Virginia apologizes for slavery. I mean what's the big deal- how does that effect any of you in the least???? It is wrong PERIOD to own people as property. It is the least states can do to apologize for it. It's too bad that the people they need to apologize to are no longer around to hear it.
And as for saying blacks had it good when they are slaves- you are nuts!!! I am betting you must not know a lot of black people if you are saying crazy things like that. I bet you'd change your mind if you ever were enslaved.
[/ QUOTE ] Actually my great great grandmother was full blooded cherokee indian and I couldnt give a rats [censored] if they apologized to me or not. If its not a big deal and doesnt affect any of us in the least then why apologize to begin with? And as for blacks having it okay as slaves what would you rather have? A place to live and raise a family, food on the table and clothes on your back OR your freedom, with your family on the streets no food or nothing? And as for not knowing many black people I lived in Florida for two years and all the houses around my house we lived in by blacks, and besides feeling like the creme in an oreo cookie, all they ever talked about oh the white man done us wrong. cry me a river. It was their ancestors who were slaves not them. I do not think we owe them an apology for anything.
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
What? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
another thing, all these different minorities that are born in the united states, you are AMERICAN! not "spanish-american", "african-american", "mexican-american"... you are an AMERICAN.
If it weren't for slavery, I dont think minorities, black people, or us the "white people" would be where we are today.
Blacks need to come to realize they aren't the only slaves in the history of this country.
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
I do agree with you. Blacks would be sitting over in africa right now trying to hide from a lion or something.
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
Let's all just throw on some white sheets and hop on our horses for a little cross burning while we're at it.
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
Okay! Let the party begin!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img]
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
Wouldn't be surprised if you and many others did.
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
that's close to the dumbest thing i've ever heard
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
And there is something wrong with this because?
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
It's what I've come to expect from the countless morons that inhabit this place anymore. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]